About Me

My photo

I've been designing and making textile figures for many years. I have also recently taken up knitting and crochet again after a lengthy break  and I'm LOVING IT!  Textile Creations UK (http://textilecreationsuk.blogspot.com ) is my new website/ Blog, which includes all my knitted, crocheted, sewn, woven textile creations.
  

Sunday, 4 May 2014

Textile Recycling ~ Cushions

I was sitting watching the UK Channel 4 programme SuperScrimpers wearing a top that was pulling under my arm uncomfortably, because it had become too tight; thinking:

 'I must put this in the textile recycling bag',

when a Top Tip item came up to recycle old T-shirts into cushions! 

So I got up and changed into a different top; cut up the top I'd been wearing; put a ballpoint needle and some navy thread into my sewing machine and voila!
                                a cushion was born.



Have you done any similar recycling projects yourself?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the trouble to comment, it brightens my day.