About Me

My photo

I've been designing and making textile figures for many years. I have also recently taken up knitting and crochet again after a lengthy break  and I'm LOVING IT!  Textile Creations UK (http://textilecreationsuk.blogspot.com ) is my new website/ Blog, which includes all my knitted, crocheted, sewn, woven textile creations.
  

Thursday, 25 July 2013

Cloth Doll Fingers

Do you have trouble making those separate wired fingers for your cloth figures?

Here are some pointers:
  • Always use high thread count cottons or stretch fabrics such as velour and jersey as
    these will not fray between the tiny stitches.


  • Always use the turning tools recommended for the job.
  • Some well known cloth doll makers suggest using fray check/stop solutions.



Why not share your finger making troubles in the comments below?
I shall be hosting a Giveaway, as this blog is almost one year old, so do tell your friends to watch this space. More details on MONDAY...

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the trouble to comment, it brightens my day.