About Me

My photo

I've been designing and making textile figures for many years. I have also recently taken up knitting and crochet again after a lengthy break  and I'm LOVING IT!  Textile Creations UK (http://textilecreationsuk.blogspot.com ) is my new website/ Blog, which includes all my knitted, crocheted, sewn, woven textile creations.
  

Monday, 19 November 2012

Textile Techniques ~ Knitted Felted Textile Art DesignFigures

TEXTILE TECHNIQUES: felt & felting; crochet; knitting; weaving.
Here are some thought-provoking and innovative designs that can be achieved through knitting and crochet:

<Jointed Peg Doll based on the German wooden peg dolls of the 1800's. Designed and made by Sally Cudmore.


Soft Sculpture
'Close Knit Community', PEI, Canada >










Experimental 3D hand woven figure constructed in parts and filled while sewing up. I am currently experimenting with a different style of hand woven figure.

Have you tried any of these techniques to make a textile figure?
Some links to inspire you:

Lucina Guy
Transcending the Material installation Ben Cuevas
KnittedRoyalty 
Felted Celebrities  
Youtube clip of the Improbability Drive
Youtube Advert




Basic sock dolls:


< Grandpa's eyelashes eye brows and hair (on head and chest) have been needle-felted.

This cloth figure was lost by Royal Mail in transit to the lady who commissioned me to make him. 

If you have seen him, do let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the trouble to comment, it brightens my day.