About Me

My photo

I've been designing and making textile figures for many years. I have also recently taken up knitting and crochet again after a lengthy break  and I'm LOVING IT!  Textile Creations UK (http://textilecreationsuk.blogspot.com ) is my new website/ Blog, which includes all my knitted, crocheted, sewn, woven textile creations.
  

Sunday, 28 October 2012

Boudoir Dolls ~ Cloth Figures


Boudoir Dolls

The term boudoir derives from the French verb bouder, meaning "to pout". 
The definition: 'a lady's private bedroom, sitting room or dressing room'.  Boudoir is also used in photography as a term that describes implied nudity/ revealing glimpses of a lady's undergarments, while still dressed. 
Historically, the boudoir formed part of the private suite of rooms of a lady adjacent to her bedchamber, for bathing and dressing 
(the female equivalent of the male cabinet)The boudoir later became used as a private drawing room for embroidery or to entertain intimate acquaintances. 

The pattern for Pampered Polly (above) is available exclusively from my book Fiddly Little Fingers and Tricky Toes


~ Artist’s Vision for Soft Sculpture Figure ~
     She’s my atypical version of a boudoir doll. I imagined the blissful expression on Polly’s face as she enjoys a pampering session of nail treatments and facial. Her slightly sun-bronzed complexion also denotes a visit to the solarium. Whilst her attire consists of towelling robe and head towel; to further the theme of luxurious indulgence, as well as for modesty,
she has sexy, black, lacy underwear.
                    
 
© Cloth Doll Creations by S Maddocks 2007