About Me

My photo

I've been designing and making textile figures for many years. I have also recently taken up knitting and crochet again after a lengthy break  and I'm LOVING IT!  Textile Creations UK (http://textilecreationsuk.blogspot.com ) is my new website/ Blog, which includes all my knitted, crocheted, sewn, woven textile creations.
  

Thursday, 27 September 2012

Serena, 1970's Hippy Figure

This is Serena. It’s the early 1970’s and although she hasn't embraced the 'burn-your-bra' ethic, she is thoroughly enjoying the hippy scene. 
She has an MG given to her by Daddy for her birthday and she’s now mastering the guitar. 


She has needle-felted mohair, needle-sculpted and fabric painted features, separate fingers and top-stitched toes with platform sandals.

Her jeans are appliquéd with flowers, hearts and rainbows and she has a CND/Peace badge and a Smiley Badge. 

She even has a textile guitar.
Her pattern plus guitar instructions and decals are available to buy